Headquartered in Singapore - Since entering China in 1993, Giti Tire has grown to be one of the leading tire companies, ranked 10th globally in terms of revenue.
Giti Tire operates world class manufacturing plants in China and Indonesia, vertically integrated into strategic raw materials to mitigate supply risk and quality control which also covers quality services for customers.
Roots were established, beginning with bicycle tire and inner-tube manufacturing in Indonesia. This later expanded to also include motorcycle tires.
Started producing bias tires for passenger and commercial vehicles.
Established a joint venture with Anhui Tire Factory (currently named Giti Anhui), an independent third party for the production of bias tires; Giti Tire initially held a 60% interest in the joint venture and subsequently purchased Anhui Tire Factory’s entire interest in 1997.
Commenced production of PCR tires at its Giti Anhui facility.
Established proprietary sales and distribution centers in various locations across China.
Giti Fujian completed construction of a new PCR tire production plant in Fujian and commenced production.
Giti Anhui commenced TBR tire production through the acquisition of a TBR tire production plant. Giti Anhui’s production facility was ranked as the number one manufacturing plant in China in terms of sales revenues according to the China Tire Association.
• Acquired 100% interest in a TBR tire production facility in Chongqing, currently held by Giti Chongqing.
• Acquired 70% interest in a bias and PCR tire production facility in Yinchuan, currently held by Giti Greatwall.
• Acquired 70% interest in a TBR tire production facility in Yinchuan, currently held by Giti Yinchuan.
Acquired an approximately 44.4% stake in Hualin Tire (since renamed Giti Tire Corporation, a tire manufacturer whose shares are listed on the SSE.)
Transferred all PRC subsidiaries to Giti China Investment, a wholly-owned PRC intermediate holding company.
• Acquired a 22.5% stake in Gajah Tunggal, an Indonesia-based tire manufacturer listed on the Jakarta Stock Exchange which owns and operates the largest integrated tire manufacturing facilities in Southeast Asia. (Giti Tire’s interest in Gajah Tunggal has since increased to approximately 49.7% as of December 31, 2013)
• Completed asset swap with Giti Tire Corporation, in which 51% of interest in Giti Fujian was transferred to Giti Tire Corporation in return for all the assets and certain liabilities of Giti Tire Corporation which were then transferred to Giti Hualin.
• Established sales and marketing subsidiaries in the US and Europe to expand export sales.
• Achieved the ranking of 13th largest tire manufacturer in the world in terms of sales revenue according to Tire Business.
• Signed a three-year sales agreement (subsequently extended in 2007 to run until 2012) with BFS Retail & Commercial Operations, LLC, one of the largest tire retailers in the US.
• Awarded 2005 Supplier of the Year by General Motors.
• Established sales and marketing subsidiary in Canada to expand export sales.
• Established Giti Radial Tire Anhui to further expand manufacturing facilities.
• Extended sales agreement with BFS Retail & Commercial Operations, LLC to expire in 2012 and signed an additional 5-year new sales agreement.
• Awarded 2006 Supplier of the Year by General Motors for the second consecutive year.
• Established sales and marketing subsidiaries in UK and Germany to expand export sales.
• Started developing Giti Retail Alliance in China.
Awarded 2007 Supplier of the Year by General Motors for the third consecutive year.
Awarded 2009 Supplier of the Year by General Motors.
• Established representative office in France to expand export sales.
• PT Gajah Tunggal 60th Anniversary.
• Ranked 9th globally in terms of sales revenue according to European tire media (www.pneusNews.it).
• Honored as the official tire supplier for Volvo Trucks and Volkswagen.
• Awarded the 2012 General Motors Supplier Quality Excellence Award.
• Awarded the 2012 Customer Satisfaction Award – Commercial Vehicle Tire Brand.
• GitiCompete GTR1 named as the official tire for Formula Masters China Series (FMCS).
• Established a R&D center in Akron, USA to complement the exisiting facilities in China, Indonesia, and the UK.
• Established Giti Tire Brazil.
• Established Giti Tire Europe Representative Office in France.
• Awarded the 2013 General Motors Supplier Quality Excellence Award.
•Announced introduction of full-scale tire production facility in South Carolina, USA