Giti Tire is proud to support the U.S. Tire Manufacturers Association (USTMA) in its yearly consumer tire safety awareness campaign, Tire Safety Week, from August 31 – September 6. This initiative, “Know Your Roll,” educates motorists about tire care, safety and maintenance.
Safety is at the forefront of Giti Tire's focus - and encomposses all areas of tire research, development, testing, production and quality control. In particular, Giti has expanded its investment into its in-house AdvanZtech technology program, utilizing its five global R&D and testing centers to integrate the most modern technical advancements into its products. In addition, the company provides frequent website, social media, and video guidance on tire use and safety tips, as well as tools to help support.
Therefore, the mission of Giti is aligned with that of USTMA, of which Giti Tire is one of only 13 member tire companies in the world. “As we continue to navigate a new world impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic, tire manufacturers continue to create the smartest and most sustainable technologies that put the safest tires on the road,” said Anne Forristall Luke, president and CEO of USTMA. “National Tire Safety week is an initiative that educates drivers about the critical role they play in maintaining tire safety and ensures they have the information they need to successfully prioritize safety on the road.”
As drivers begin getting back on the road after frequent vehicle downtime, now is the perfect time to get to a local auto care shop to check their vehicle and tires. During this period, there is a likelyhood that tire pressure or wear has been affected, and it may be the right time for a tire rotation or replacement. For specific reconmendations from Giti about tires on cars that have been parked for a long time, please see our article about the subject here.
Below are some tips from USTMA in regards to tire safety that it is focusing on this week. In addition, more can be found on the Giti Tire Knowledge page, as well as the company's Facebook and Instagram social media pages.
* An under-inﬂated tire can lead to tire failure. Check inﬂation pressure at least once a month and before long road trips.
* Tire inﬂation pressure changes depending on the weather. It can increase in warm weather and decrease in cool weather: 0.4 - 1kg (1-2 pounds) for every 10 degrees ferenheit of temperature change.
* A vehicle’s Tire Pressure Monitoring Systems (TPMS) can help drivers detect loss of inﬂation pressure. Federal regulations require TPMS to warn drivers when tires are 25% under inﬂated. For many vehicles, this is too late to prevent damage to your tires and should not replace checking your tires monthly.
* Have your alignment checked periodically as speciﬁed by the vehicle owner’s manual to ensure your tires do not wear unevenly or rapidly.
* Always refer to your vehicle owner’s manual for rotation recommendations. If no rotation period is speciﬁed, tires should be rotated approximately every 8,000 – 12,000 kilometers (5,000 - 8,000 miles).
* Worn-out tires are 3 times more likely to be involved in a crash than tires with suﬃcient tread depth, according to NHTSA.
Always remember to take care and stay safe - on and off the roads!
About Giti Tire
Giti Tire Group (headquartered in Singapore) has roots in the tire business going back to 1951 and is now one of the world’s largest tire companies. Giti Tire produces a broad range of tire products, serving major original equipment vehicle manufacturers, auto-service outlets, motorsports teams, tire dealers, and consumers in more than 130 countries worldwide. The company has eight production centers in three countries, including a newly opened tire factory in South Carolina, USA.
In addition to its wide network and motorsports presence, Giti Tire is also heavily focused on green production and community efforts, including participation in local education and environmental efforts to create a better society.
Find out more at www.giti.com.
The U.S. Tire Manufacturers Association is the national trade association for tire manufacturers that produce tires in the U.S. Our 13 member companies operate 57 tire-related manufacturing facilities in 17 states and generate more than $27 billion in annual sales. We directly support more than a quarter million U.S. jobs – totaling almost $20 billion in wages. USTMA advances a sustainable tire manufacturing industry through thought leadership and a commitment to science‐based public policy advocacy. Our member company tires make mobility possible. USTMA members are committed to continuous improvement of the performance of our products, worker and consumer safety and environmental stewardship. For more information visit www.USTires.org .
‹ Back to List